Friday, December 31, 2010

Hand of God

This is a picture of my mother's hand (Emma, 102, presently,)  and her brother's hand, Leonard, who died earlier this year.  This was taken on my mother's 100th Birthday.  I thought the way this picture came out reminded me of Michelangelo's Hand Of God painting.  Both my mother and her brother have been very spiritual people and their family has had great longevity.  They are also very gentle people.  I am thinking of my mother today as she is ailing. This morning she had no pulse or blood pressure for a little while and then she once again returned to us.  But no doubt she is probably now in her last days.  I am at peace with that and so glad I had my mother for so many years. God Bless you all in the New Year - 2011.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so fortunate I was able to spend time with her over Christmas. True to form, she still makes me laugh. I admire your care and unwavering commitment to her. She's very lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete