Thursday, January 6, 2011

Out Front, Off to the Side

This is a view of the front of my little house.  I have lived here over 30 years. 
The view above is looking out from my side yard. This is a garden gate that my partner and I built (along with a side fence) out of old cedar wood that he tore off of an old building in Wichita when it closed.  I actually learned to use an electric saw for this one. I cut each of the designs on the top of the fence pieces one at a time. It was great to learn how to do this. I think I have the genes for it as my dad was a carpentar.  The plant growing along the arch is Wisteria we bought on sale a few years ago.  It grows like CRAZY!

2 comments:

  1. Take an angled shot from the neighbors front yard. I think you'll capture the essence of the entire fence and all of our hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good suggestion. I will take another one tomorrow. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete